This was my first try and I went with my taste buds for marination. The final result was so delicious that my partner who is not a big fan of cauliflower couldn’t stop eating it.
1. Put a bunch of washed coriander, 7 to 8 cloves of garlic, 3 spicy green chillies, salt, sugar and lemon as per the taste and blitz it.
2. Take a full cauliflower, trim the leaves and wash it thoroughly, once dry apply oil over it (I used xtra virgin olive oil), then rub the coriander chutney all over the cauli properly, top it with a thin layer of ketchup, add a dash of liquid maggi seasoning all over it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes place the marinated cauliflower in a baking bowl and add 1 cup fresh peas to it. Grate cheese all over it (i used processed britannia cheese).
Cover it and put it in the oven at 200°C for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the lid off and let it cook in the oven for another 20 minutes at same temperature so that the excess water of cauli dries off and the cheese turns golden brown.
4. While the cauli is in oven make the carrot puree by taking 2 peeled and roughly diced carrots and 1 medium roughly diced onion. Put 1 spoon butter In the pan, add onions to it once heated. Once the onion is slightly brown, add carrots, salt, pepper, oregano, 1/2 tspn chilli powder half cup water. Cover and cook till carrots are soft and water is all gone.
Now add this to a mixer jar, add half cup milk and 3 to 4 cashew nuts in the jar and blitz it till u get a fine paste.
5. For plating- I smeared the plate with a big spoonful of carrot puree and another spoon of coriander chutney on the plate. Placed the whole roasted cauliflower over this and served.
U can add roasted thinly chopped almonds also on top, or even dash of lime and extra virgin olive oil if u like. The carrot puree, cauliflower and peas have it’s own sweetness and the coriander chutney has spice and acidity for the balance of flavours. I have many variations for the same which I plan to try out next. Till then enjoy this recipe.
Do leave your comments if you like it ❤