I am a person who has not been too fond of makeup all my life. I prefer nothing on the face except liners and lip gloss. Even now if u meet me anywhere outside ull 99 percent of the times only see me with lip gloss and liner and no base make up like u see me in this pic from a recent party-
If u r like me then its really important to keep that skin looking beautiful naturally. I get lot of dms asking me about my skincare routine so I thought of sharing it here. I don’t have a very elaborate daily routine or anything special. Listed below are the few things which have been spoken of since generations and work like magic for the skin-
1. Keep your skin hydrated is rule number one. So drink plenty of water. It helps in flushing off the toxins from your body which naturally keeps your skin healthy. I drink atleast 1.5 litres of water plus 1 nariyal paani OR a glass of fresh juice without sugar (avoid canned ones they are never 100% fresh and natural) , OR a glass of lemonade with honey instead of sugar OR green tea per day.
2. Lots of sleep- 8 hours of peaceful sleep is very important. Honestly I don’t manage to get this on regular basis but I try, since it is very important.
3. Staying happy- happy girls are pretty and rightfully so. Stress tends to take a toll on your skin’s health but happiness gives that natural glow. Staying stress free or learning to deal with stress effectively works in a big way.
4. Foods- what u eat is the most crucial. As a food blogger for 2 years I was hogging anything and everything. Since last 2 months I have taken a conscious effort to stop eating junk and have more healthy meals, more fresh food. I have lots of veggies, fruits, lentils, nuts and sprouts on daily basis.
5. Sunscreen- using sunscreen every single day immediately after shower has become a routine now. I have skin pigmentation problem if I am over exposed to sun without sunscreen, so I’ve made it a point to use it regularly. *U always use the sunscreen 15 minutes before stepping out in the sun so it has enough time to get absorbed by the skin.
6. Night cream- I’ve started this since a month. Usually before sleeping I tend to wash my face. So now i dab it dry and layer my face with lots of night cream. It makes my skin feel baby soft in the morning.
7. No soap- since the soaps available are very harsh on the skin it’s better to avoid them and use a face wash that gently cleanses your skin.
8. NEVER sleep with your makeup on – I’m not much of makeup person but I do get all dolled up for my shoots, n I love it. I am sure all of us use the best products for our skin but no matter how good the product never sleep without removing it. Lot of times after a long tiring day, you just want to reach home and crash and removing makeup is super boring but it’s a must. It’s said that u age faster if u sleep with your makeup on. So girls make sure to clean your face properly and let your skin breathe while you get your beauty sleep.
9. Regular workout- workouts help your skin feel fresh, breathe and makes you look firmer and younger.
10. Digital detox- this is the most important point. With ever growing social media craze the harmful rays of phones and laptops cause a lot of damage. I would recommend everyone going on digital detox as and when possible, u will surely notice the difference in your skin along with mental peace.
11. Home care- I’m not too much into facials and lasers and other skin treatments. I usually prefer my multani mitti (also known as fuller’s earth) facepack where I mix the multani mitti powder with rose water and make a thick paste and apply on face. It’s cooling and has lot of amazing properties for skin. While cooking once in a while I just cut a tomato into half and rub it all over my face and let the juice dry off before rinsing with warm water. I love honey on my face, it gives a glow and tightens the skin. Raw potato juice is really good to remove the sun tan. I usually need this as I keep travelling often, works wonders.
These are the basic things I do on daily basis but trust me that’s all that u need.