Monsoons are here and this post will come handy if planning your weekend getaway to Goa. I happened to take this trip last year and I saw a different side of Goa. Instead of the hot sun, over crowded beaches and pumping nightlife…i saw freshly washed city, full of greenery and clean roads with comparatively empty beaches and a pleasant climate.
What all can be done in off season when the famous club Cubana is shut and lot of famous restaurants r shut.
1. BEACHES- they are always an option. However, you can’t go in waters if it’s raining but just chilling by the beach sipping on some kings beer or cocktails is also a fun thing to do. The sunsets are beautiful at the beach. Plus beach offers its own entertainment like shacks, music, foot massages, hair braiding, temporary tattoos and sheesha for a good time. There is also a sweet water make at Arambol beach which is worth a visit. It has a way leading up which takes u to the natural mud bath too which is awesome.
2. CHURCHES- the place is famous for its beautiful majestic churches. Few hours can be spent admiring them.
3. FORTS- Chapora fort, famously known as Dil Chahta Hai fort offers breathtaking view of the sea below. Can easily sit here for a while taking in the serenity around. There is Fort Aguada for a good climb and ancient feel.
4. FOOD- Must try eating and drinking places-
1) Britto’s- at Baga beach- 1st on the list coz it’s all time fav esp for its cheesecakes and tarts. A restaurant by the beach side having the best fresh orange juice, breakfast and desserts. Love sitting here for hours taking in the sea and munching on the food.
2) St. Anthony’s shack located right next to Britto’s is fun olace for food and a good karaoke evening with some games.
3) Marbella beach resort- a beautiful place by the beach again located at Marbella. Gives a very Greek feel with the outside seating of white flowy curtains. Food is lip smacking out here but be prepared to spend, this one is expensive.
4) Burger Factory- located in Anjuna is a must try for its gourmet burgers and fries.
5) Artjuna- a must must try place if u love Mediterranean food. Serves lip smacking food in a quirky little place with freshest of ingredients and is flooded by foreigners.
5. NIGHTLIFE- Monsoons get a little quiet here but still there are few places which will make your evening-
1) Soro- at Vagator is beautiful little place which we accidently found out about. This place has live music and very lively dancers with a full bar and yummy appetizers. Proper Goan feel.
2) Cafe Lilliput- a beautiful beach side property, offering a lovely sea view located in Anjuna is worth spending hours at. Lovely music, awesome vibe, cheap drinks and cleaner than the more famous Curlie’s. U can sit here from sunset till late night and enjoy the sunset as well as the night life here while getting wasted.
3) Cohiba- located at Candolim- it’s one of the best place serving cheap booze, karaoke nights, salsa nights and many more nights every night as well as amazing food. Can easily be here for hours.
4) Sinq Nightclub- again at Candolim is a place offering pool parties, private cabanas and a crazy party night that u won’t forget.
5) LPK Waterfront- at Nerul Goa is more famous for its layout and crazy parties.
Pc- Google Images.
6. SHOPPING- the best shopping in Goa is from streets and the night market which happens every Saturday night for clothes, hats, accessories etc. Other kinda famous shopping here is of cashew nuts to take back. The best quality being of Zantye’s cashews.
*Goa is best enjoyed on bikes.
*U will not see the mention of places like Thalasa or many other more famous places for a simple reason that they are not open in off season. The ones mentioned are tried, tested and recommended.
Leave your favorite places in Goa in the comments below for me to try them next time ????