This has to be one of the most loved and tastiest of our Indian desserts!! The best part is it doesn’t take too long to make and is quite simple as a recipe. Check out my gajar ka halwa recipe with cranberries and almonds.
3 big carrots peeled and grated.
3 tbspns ghee
Sugar as per your taste. I used 2 tbspns.
1 cup milk
8-9 dried cranberries diced
8-9 almonds sliced thinly.
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add chopped almonds to it and fry till golden brown. Add cranberries to it and fry for 30 to 40 seconds.
2. Now add grated carrots to it and let it cool on slow flame till it reduces to almost half.
3. Add sugar and milk and keep cooking on slow flame till all the milk is gone and the halwa starts to leave ghee on the sides. That’s when it’s ready so take it off the flame and let it cool a little before serving.
Ways to serve-
1. U can serve just the halwa by itself, by garnishing with some sliced almonds and pistachio.
2. U can add a scoop of vanilla icecream to 1 scoop of halwa and serve. This is heavenly.
3. U could also serve this with freshly made custard. Cold custard and piping hot halwa are amazing.
4. Can be served by layering in between a baklava and pouring rabdi over it.
5. Can put a scoop of halwa in a tart and serve with a drizzle of milkmaid OR small scoops of cheesecake.
I’m sure your family and your guests would absolutely love it. Let me know in the comments below of any other creative ways you would like to serve it in.