Sugar might be bad for your tummy and your hips but it’s definitely good for skin and lips. Exfoliating the skin is something a lot of us do once in a while but why not get those kissable lips too by exfoliating and moisturing them.
(Image from Google)
First things first- be very gentle when u exfiloliate your lips and also make sure to use a rich lip moisturizer once you are done exfoliating. Repeating it once a week is good.
There are lot of lip scrubs now available in the market, but you can actually make few lip scrubs at home in just minutes with readily available ingredients in your kitchen at no cost.
Check out a few such recipes-
1. Brown sugar and honey- take one tbspn brown sugar and add just enough honey to make a thick paste. Use this to gently massage your lips for 5 minutes and wash it off. Follow with a lip balm.
2. Coconut sugar scrub- 2tbspns coconut oil, 2 tbspns palm sugar and 1 tbspn honey. Mix it. Massage your lips for 5 minutes and rinse. Use a hydrating moisturizer over it.
3. Chocolate scrub- take 2 tbspns white granulated sugar, 3/4th tbspn cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspn honey. Mix all these ingredients thoroughly till a grainy paste forms. To use swab a thick chunk on your lips and leave it on for 5 minutes then rinse off with water and use moisturiser afterwards.
4. Your favorite lip balm- take your favorite lip balm and dab a thick layer on your lips. Then take a tooth brush and gently massage in circular motion for 5 minutes.
Note- these homemade scrubs could be stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks in air tight containers.
Benefits of the ingredients-
1. Sugar- is one of the best natural skin care exfoliant. Helps in removing dead cells.
2. Honey- helps u get rid of dry/chapped or dead lip skin and also removes the darkness of lip skin with it’s bleaching quality.
3. Olive oil- conditions and protects the lips from drying out.
4. Coconut oil- it’s a natural moisturizer for lips and keeps them soft and supple.
Say hello to happy lips 💋